How can Meet Yourself Meditation help?
Meet yourself meditation (mym) can help to reverse the current mental health problem
A core aim of Meet Yourself Meditation is to develop emotional resilience – essential to protect against mental illness.
Mental illness starts mostly in childhood, making this a good stage for preventive intervention. Thus Meet Yourself Meditation has also been adapted for younger children and parents:
- Meet Yourself Meditation (for children) – Instils emotional awareness and self-worth in school age children.
- Meet Yourself Meditation (for parents) – Helps parents to manage their own state, and establish a supportive, nurturing relationship with their children – recognising that an emotionally balanced, loving parent is an important factor in raising emotionally resilient children.
A young person’s growing brain exhibits neuroplasticity- its development is shaped by his/her daily experiences. Children who are taught to calm their minds show greater strength in handling distress, better concentration and memory, improved communication skills. Practising Meet Yourself Meditation encourages the development of neural pathways associated with calming one’s emotions.
Meet Yourself Meditation is unique
MYM is unique: it is a Healing Meditation – energy healing helps to focus the mind inwards while you meditate. This enables you to reach a deeper, more peaceful state in a shorter time (ideal for children and beginners). It reaches beneath the layers of accumulated fears and conditionings, to release any destructive emotions or fears. It helps to heal any anxiety you may be holding on to.
Meet Yourself Meditation teaches people:
- To listen more deeply to themselves.
- To understand how negative thoughts can lead to negative responses and feelings – and how to change them into positive ones.
- To heal and balance their emotions.
- To accept, love and value themselves (and others) as they are. Healthy self-worth creates inner peace and eliminates any desire to harm oneself or others. It also prevents one from feeling emotionally hurt by others. This enhances compassion, tolerance, cognitive and social skills.
- To believe “I can” and find solutions to their challenges.
- Regular practise of Meet Yourself Meditation ‘rewires’ the brain to increase inner calm, self-esteem, emotional resilience, mental clarity and focus, and self-discipline.
This improves health on all levels (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual). It is only then that you can start to enjoy the benefits that permeate widely throughout your life and connection with others.
We have delivered Meet Yourself Meditation sessions online, including to students, with excellent feedback. Participants comment that the Healing meditation enables them to calm their minds quicker and more easily. They report feeling more tranquil, serene, grounded. The following comments from University students (from an overseas Meet Yourself Meditation session) is typical of the feedback we receive:
“I felt very refreshed and more aligned with myself. I felt more assured and confident with my actions and ready to take on the day. I think MYM is important and, by implementing it on a daily basis, could strengthen the relationship with oneself. I think it can strengthen your confidence, which in turn will make decision making and finding solutions easier, because of the trust built within yourself.”
“I found MYM very calming and it let me see my thoughts. After, I felt more relaxed and aware. Practising MYM regularly could help me re-centre myself and let go of any burdens. It gives me the time and space to evaluate how I am handling my challenges and how I can do better.”
Meet Yourself Meditation is easy to learn and practise, even for children. Large groups can be taught, as in school or university, and regular practise habits established. Meet Yourself Meditation, by empowering people to monitor and manage their own wellbeing, also reduces the load on the Health Services. It makes people feel in control of their own lives, by empowering them to use their own inner resources to manifest positive changes in their lives.
The overall aim is to nurture future generations with peace, love and compassion in their hearts, instead of anger, pain and resentment. Thus, promoting a spirit of brotherhood and world peace.