So why would you need a life coach when you’re doing perfectly well on your own, thank you very much.
Well, ARE you? Truly?
Are you living the life that you envisaged for yourself before the life bomb that is kids? Are you, for example, being paid to do what you love? Are you mothering in a calm and positive way? Are you successfully managing the work/life/parenting tussle? Do you feel confident and happy? Are you proud of your body and the way that you look? Are you carving out some regular me-time?
Sadly, most mamas aren’t doing many of the above, regardless of how talented, balanced and brimming with self-esteem they were before embarking on the parenting adventure.
Not that it’s anyone’s fault. The will is usually there. Just not enough energy to go round after everyone else’s needs have come first.
Because however undemanding and well-behaved your kids might be, as a mama, their needs usually come before yours. (It’s in clause 1 of the secret contract you unwittingly signed up to on becoming pregnant.) Which means that parts of your life have to go on pause.
Or do they?
As a transition coach for busy, multi-tasking mamas, I support ambitious women to reach their greatest potential, both at home AND in the workplace. I help them to reprioritise their needs to create work/life/parenting harmony and to feel motivated and in control once more.
Because I believe that we can have it all, all at the same time. It just requires a little planning. And a touch of carrot and stick.
So here are my top 5 reasons why using a life coach works:
- I’m not your friend. Well, I might become one after our series is over but for now, I have none other than a purely professional agenda of getting you on track to reach your goals. Coaching with me is a no people-pleasing zone because you’re the boss of where you want to go. I’m just support staff. So you don’t have to be anyone for me other than your most authentic, messy, awesome self.
- It’s my job to get you to reach your goals. It’s what I chose to do because I’m good at it. I have nothing else to distract me from the task at hand which is to enable you to create the life that you most want to lead. I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. And to this end, I have many tried-and-tested tips and strategies up my ample mama sleeve.
- I get you. I’m a mama too, remember? So you will get oodles of empathy and understanding from me because I hear and I see you (both good and bad sides). You will never feel judged by me and I’m not going to prescribe anything that I know you can’t do because I know how much kids take out of you already. Rest assured we’ll go at (inspired) mama pace.
- That said, it won’t be snail pace. Because I am going to hold you accountable. You are going to feel it if I can see you are trying to slip past me being any less than the very best version of yourself. I call it fierce love. My sessions are direct, honest and no-nonsense so that nothing (including fears, unhelpful patterns of behaviour or self-limiting beliefs) gets in the way of your achievements.
- Think of me as your biggest cheerleader. Like the mum, boyfriend, big sister, partner, little brother, best friend, favourite teacher that you never had, all rolled into one. I will cheer you on from the start line, side lines and from the finishing line. And I won’t stop until you’ve changed so much that you’re wondering how you ever felt the way you did back at the start. (Trust me, it happens every time.)
Consider it my duty to get you from where you are now to where you want to be. You can try and do it yourself (and you might get waylaid), or you can put your faith in me to keep you on track.
To find out how to get started, book your complimentary ‘discovery’ session here: https://www.bobomama.net/onetoonecoaching